Community-engaged learning courses take students beyond the classroom, where they collaborate with communities—in Ithaca and around the globe—to design, implement and evaluate real solutions to real problems. These academically rigorous courses advance knowledge within specific fields of study while challenging students to grow as global citizens.
Cornell offers community-engaged learning courses in many different disciplines, and the list keeps growing. See the list below or search the catalog:
- click on Course Descriptions
- check the box for “find whole word or phrase only”
- enter (CU-CEL) as a Keyword.
A community-engaged learning course is one that includes an organized community-engaged activity outside the context of the classroom and does the following:
- Addresses a specific need, problem or common concern
- Includes collaboration with a community partner
- Is connected with course content and disciplinary perspectives
- Includes an exercise involving documented reflection
Learn more: engaged.cornell.edu.